Friday, December 10, 2010

Does The Godfather “Glorify” Organized Crime? re-visit and response for Mr.McGuigan

I am re-visiting this blog in reference to after Vito Corleone died.

I feel that while Vito was sick and Michael was in the transition into godfather, Vito was happiest. Unrelated to the topic; or so it seems.

I think that after watching the movie, The Godfather no; I do not think that The Godfather glorify organized crime.

The movie focuses in on the mafia life and shows the ups and downs. The downs when Santino "Sonny" was shot and killed. and the ups, when Michael took over as the godfather.

My reaction to Vito's death was surprising, but not unexpected. It was a strange way of dieing, but we knew it was coming, and the oranges were a bit of a tell (I will probably do a blog on what I felt was the significance of the oranges)

I think that during his life, he got part of what he wanted, but in death, with Michael officially becoming the godfather, I feel that Vito got what he wanted.

It probably was not worth the violence, in my mind, but I do not know his back story, so I can not judge his past.

No comments:

Post a Comment