Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oranges? -- Re-visited

Well, I re-watched the (first half of the) movie, and I did find more points:

During Connie and Carlo's wedding, the orange orchard, the one that Vito had died in, is shown many times. It might just be because it is at their house, but I thought about it, and maybe it could be a little bit of... I am not sure it this is the right one, but... juxtaposition maybe, but also maybe foreshadowing. but definitely a contrast of some sort, because of Connie's wedding being a beginning and Vito's death being an end.

There is also a bowl of oranges on the table at Connie's wedding when Sandra is demonstrating the size of her husband's..."manhood" (The wording from this site)... I am not sure if it means anything, but I found it strange that they were talking about Sonny, and he died later, with not an orange at the scene.

In the horse head scene, the sheets that Sollozzo (and the horse head) are under are a most likely a gold colour, however, through the eye of the camera, as we see in the movie, when Sollozzo tosses off the sheets, the underside is an orange.

Well, this is three more, and when I watch the last half of the movie, i might find more.

No comments:

Post a Comment